maandag 3 september 2007

How to be alone

I'm not questioning the way I move. I left here for Wisconsin on a Sunday, with practiced inability to gather what comes close to me. I always choose to leave.

Dreaming but indifferent at best. I lay down in the kitchen with a pain across my chest. Desire to be simplified, the way a stone holds heat at night. There's nothing left to prove.

And this is how I learn to be alone. Story of my life is yours to share. A pendulum that swings across so many things. So I will always be first to leave.

I'm not questioning the things you do. Go out all night with strangers on a Friday. My practiced insecurity put prison walls around you, so I know you had to leave.

Proud and independent at your best. You’re curled up with a novel and a sweater on your chest. Desire to be rectified. The foot end of your bed replies "There's space for you to move".

And this is how you learn to be alone. Story of your life is mine to share. A pendulum that swings across so many things. So you will always be the firs to leave.



(Als u nu nog niet op zoek gaat naar de cd "Are you a dreamer?" van Denison Witmer, dan bent u goed gek. VoilĂ . Het mocht eens gezegd worden.)

Geen opmerkingen: